Friday, October 4, 2013

I can't stop. I won't stop.

So I'd like to say I'm done talking about Miley Cyrus, but I'm not. Not at all.

Maybe I have an obsessive personality. Maybe I am too firm in how I believe people in the public eye should act. Maybe I don't have enough going on in my life to distract me from this BS.

Regardless of the reason, I just can't stop talking about Miley Cyrus. Namely what a clown I think she is. A real foolio johnson!

A couple days ago, I was watching the 9 o'clock hour of the Today Show (which I'm obsessed with, ask anyone, there's just a certain crush factor to Willie Geist *swoon*) and they mentioned that Sinead O'Connor wrote an open letter to Miley Cyrus after hearing that Miley compared her nudey "Wrecking Ball" video to O'Connors "Nothing Compares" video.

You tell me:


So anyhows. Sinead hears this. Writes Miley an open letter saying [basically] "Don't let the music industry pimp you out. You're way too talented for that."

Mily Cyrus, in all her typical classy glory, replies with the following:
http://www.hot995.com/articles/music-news-477339/sinead-oconnor-and-miley-cyrus-trade-11710540/

Oh good. Mocking someone's mental illness, that'll prove to everyone that you're no Hannah Montana! Someone, nonetheless, who commended your talent and basically recommended you not sell yourself [or your body] short!

This is why I have become obsessed with this monster. I don't wanna be! I want to be done talking about her! I want to not want to have to write this post! I want that sentence just now to make sense!

I hate to admit it, but I am someone who get really involved in celebrity scandals/drama/relationships. I invest my time and energy and emotions, just the way I know they would in me if they only took the time out to get to know me.

Miley Cyrus is proud of her behavior. Confusing flaunting your body in gross nude colored latex shorts with being sexy. Saying "This is just me, people!". How unfortunate. I hate sound like a broken record, and I could rant about this for DAYS, but good golly, get your act together, girrrrrrl!

Leave some thoughtful suggestions for Miley. Or write an open letter to anything that you feel needs addressing.

If I wasn't such a slacker, I'd write an open letter to the following things: Expensive hair products, people who don't park in designated parking spots, bossy people, and the poorly filtered air in my office building.

Until next time! I will try not to let so much time go by. Robocop is going on a fishing trip this weekend, so maybe I'll have extra time to write here.

It's very time consuming to listen to him yell obscenities while playing GTA V.

2 comments:

  1. WHOA WHOA WHOA that Miley video is NSFW! You gotta give me a warning or something!

    ReplyDelete